Due to the lock down for Covid-19, please send all applications and invoices electronically to
We can’t guarantee that we will be able to process applications and invoices sent by post.
COVID-19 – short-term 52 week reapplication and 26 week review process changes due to the lock-down
For applicants who have their 52 week funding period ending during the lockdown, their funding will be continued for an initial six weeks, and longer if the lock-down period is extended.
Applications subject to a 26 week review, the review will be deferred until 31 May 2020, and longer if the lock-down period is extended.
The Ministry of Social Development’s Support Funds provide assistance to disabled people and people with a health condition to help cover the cost of disability incurred whilst in employment or training. These are costs that would not be incurred by people without the disability or health condition.
Support Funds are ‘funds of last resort’ which means:
- Funding is not available if ACC has responsibility for an applicant’s vocational services or disability costs
- Funding is not available if Ministry of Health has responsibility for an applicant’s employment related health services and/or disability costs
- You must have tried all other sources of government funding in the first instance, including ‘universal services’ that are available for everyone to access
It is also expected that employers will make reasonable accommodations for the needs of disabled employees.
Support funds consist of:
Support Funds team
Workbridge administers Support Funds on behalf of the Ministry of Social Development. Workbridge has established a dedicated team called Support Funds Services.
Support Funds Services is independent of Workbridge’s other services. You don’t need to register with Workbridge to apply for funding.
Support Funds Services team can discuss eligibility criteria or other questions with potential applicants. They receive and assess all applications against the Job Support Funds Operational Guidelines and Training Support Funds Operational Guidelines to decide whether to approve your funding application.
Support Funds Services will let you know in writing if your application is successful.
If your application does not meet the Support Funds criteria, it will be forwarded to MSD for further consideration. MSD will confirm the outcome in writing to you.
For Support Funds summary information, see:
- ‘How to Apply’ for more information on applying for funding
- eligibility criteria to check whether you qualify for support funding; and
- assistance categories to check the types of supports available
For full information on the Support Funds, see: